When you are in Boston Massachusetts auto repairs can sometimes seem like a four letter word. Finding a good auto mechanic is like striking oil or finding gold. Because we all love our cars good maintenance is a must. Your car is a big part of your life. It travels with you more than anyone else in your life and reliability is a result of scheduled maintenance checks and coming in when the idiot light comes on.
Now Bean Town is full of car repair shops and finding a good repair shop is easier than ever. The internet has made auto repair reviews have changed the way that that all of the repair shops do business. Pricing out car parts using a telephone and a cable to diagnose your troubles.
A car is the second biggest investment you will make in your lifetime, well for most folks. So taking care of the thing makes sense. It is your chariot and most people rely greatly on their car for work and recreation. While changing the oil on time, rotating the tires, checking the belts and filters doesn’t sound like fun. It pays off in all that time you don’t spend on the side of the road in the pouring rain waiting for a tow truck.
In most cases a well maintained vehicle takes a lot less time in the shop than somebodies Jalopy. But it all starts with vehicle maintenance. It cannot be stressed enough, getting to the shop early and often can save you a bundle in the long run. If you don’t repair things in a timely fashion damage can spread. If you have damage it causes the parts around it to be stressed in way they were not designed to handle. That can escalate pretty quickly. A simple noise can be the fore shadowing of a total loss of control or the slow death of an engine.
But never fear, Boston is jam packed with talented and respected technicians, mechanics and engineers who just waiting to help keep your car running in tip top condition. Because a well maintained car means happy customers. Happy customers bring in more business, but it all starts with a basic car education. Follow these quick tips and keep your car running better, faster and longer.
- Those silly little lights on your dashboard come on for a reason. When they light up, bring the car in.
- If your steering wheel feels like it’s dancing to the radio, head on in and your friendly local mechanic can tell you why and fix it.
- That funny noise your car is making, is a cry for help. Bring it in before you start making funny noises on the side of the freeway in the break down lane.
- If your car leaves puddles, that’s a big deal. The auto center down the street can save you some time on scrubbing your driveway.
- When your blinker speeds up, it’s not because you car is excited to turn left. One of your blubs is on the Fritz. Carry a few spares, or money for a traffic ticket.
- Driving with one head light is only fashionable in the movies. Nothing says pull me over and make your quota to a sleepy police man than a cyclops rolling down the thoroughfare.
- Keep your tools handy. Make sure you have a spare tire, that it isn’t some torn up piece of crap with a hole in it. Have a First Aid kit at the ready. Cars can be fixed or replaced, and nothing says hero like a well prepared trunk. Make sure you have a lug wrench, that fits the lug nuts on the tires that are actually on your car. Or as my father would say “Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it”.